Kids

Kids
Gulf Shores

Friday, October 30

Praisin' the Lord

It has only been a couple of days since I posted, but I have tons of things to say. The most important will be tonight and I'll try to catch up on all the others when I'm not so tired.
Today my mom went with me and all 4 kids (the boys were off school for Parent/Teacher Conf) to see my Grandpa and Grandma Hornish. I just love them! Anyway, after that we took my mom home and by the time we got to her house at 2:30 I was tired and the kids were getting on what little nerves I had left. Mom handed me 2 Psalty tapes.


Have you heard of them. Psalty the Singing Songbook is great. When we were little we would listen to Psalty on long car rides. He is a Songbook who teaches Kids about Jesus and how Jesus loves them and wants them to Praise Him. You should really check it out.


So anyway, mom handed them to me and we got back in the car for a 1.5 hour trip home. (Keep in mind it was 4pm and the kids had already napped and were in no mood to sit any longer.)

But we popped in the tapes and we Praised Jesus all the way home. It was so cool. The boys didn't know all the songs, but it was clear by their faces they were into it. Then when Nathaniel raised his hand and just started swaying to the music, it was so neat. It was like Jesus was right there with us! Eli copied him, and the two of them just praised Jesus from the back of our van. Praise the Lord. I love to see my babies Praise Him. Thanks Mom for reminding me how great Psalty is!

2 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Psalty will NEVER go out of style!! :-) Every once in a while, someone in our family will bust out in one of those great songs and you just can't help but jump in & praise!

Anonymous said...

Our kids love Psalty. Nate's parents have given them several CD's and they are the most requested.