Kids

Kids
Gulf Shores

Wednesday, October 28

Missing out on the Farm

I think I have mentioned before that I don't really like change. Well this morning was a great opportunity to see that character trait in Ronnie. The boys have been talking about their field trip to the Farm for weeks now. We thought they were very excited. Ron went on the last field trip with the boys, but he is preaching a Revival this week and needed to prepare. I couldn't go, because of needing to feed Maddie, but the boys were still excited to go (or so we thought).

So this morning I helped them get warm clothes picked out and told them to hurry and get dressed and ready before the bus came. Nathaniel came down a little bit later dressed and ready and said Ronnie was crying and didn't want to go to school today. After checking on him, we discovered that he was not wanting to go on the field trip and would prefer to stay home than go today, unless we would go too. I explained that we couldn't go, so he choose to stay home.

Ron and I talked about it and decided we wouldn't make him, since it was a field trip. So Nathaniel boarded the bus alone and was off for a fun Farm Adventure. I called Ronnie's teacher and explained and Praise the Lord she was very understanding. I am so thankful the boys have Christian teachers! What a blessing.
So, Ronnie is home today. He has mentioned Nathaniel a couple of times, or said "Nathaniel would be at recess or lunch right now". I have just reminded him that Nathaniel is at the Farm and he says, "oh yeah".
Ronnie got my "hate change" gene. There are some things that we wish we didn't pass on to our children. Life is full of changes, that I know will challenge and stretch our little man, but for now he can stay home from the Farm. Praise the Lord he likes school.

No comments: