Kids

Kids
Gulf Shores

Tuesday, October 8

Memorizing

I am babysitting again this year and we are again memorizing Scripture.  Last year I used the ABC Memory Book  from Scripture Memory Fellowship (you can get it through the Francis Asbury Society).

Anyway, we went through the alphabet in order last year and the little ones I watch, and Maddie, learned a Bible Verse for every letter.  The cool thing is they can still remember them - I love it!  Well this year we are again doing a verse for every week - only we're not going in order and we're learning new verses!  I'm using a curriculum I found online (Raising Rock Stars).

So we are going in random order.  Last week was "Ff" week and the verse was John 3:16.  A great verse, but one that takes some working on to memorize, especially for a 3 year old!  So the week didn't start off that great.  The first 2 days were 3 hour delays (due to fog) and then there were sick kids too.  So we didn't get the practice we normally do, but we worked on it.

Well yesterday the kids came and they always say their verse from the previous week on Monday and get a certificate as well as add a circle to their caterpillar (on the wall).  I was blown away!

4 out of 4 who were  here yesterday.  2 more who came today and then only one that didn't say it was the 5 month old who has yet to talk to me :)
Love it!

Love, Love, Love that they are hiding God's word in their hearts - and that their parents are working with them to do it!



No comments: