Kids

Kids
Gulf Shores

Friday, May 17

A Speaking and Singing Part

Nearly a month ago the boys school put on a Spring Musical, "Camp Wallaballa".  (Sorry I'm so late with pictures and an update).  

Several 
months ago Ronnie came home and said, "I have a part".   He was super excited! 
Let me stop right there and tell you Ronnie is probably the most shy of all 4 of my kids - but he was so excited about this part!  It wasn't a big part, but it did come with a solo!

I got a little nervous when he really didn't want me to practice with him much.  He was learning his lines and he would be prepared!

So the night of the big program came!  
All three boys were in the program, but only Ronnie had a speaking/solo part.  Nathaniel and Eli were in the chorus!  I had been hearing the songs as Eli practiced everywhere he went.  He was even teaching Maddie the songs, so much so that she sang them the night of the program with them (from her seat with me).

The gist of the play was a group of kids who were going to Camp Wallaballa.  Their bus broke down and they had to trust that the Lord would take care of them and not be afraid!



Ronnie knew every one of his lines - perfectly!  He did great!  It was obvious he was prepared.  Then the  moment of the solo came.  I got nervous - he didn't show his nerves!  He did GREAT!

He had only a couple of lines by himself then two other kids joined him.  It was great!  I was so proud!




So...Ronnie's debut performance was this spring.  Who knows how many more musical/play/performances he will be in, but I was so proud of the time he took, the dedication he put towards it and how great he did!


No comments: