Kids

Kids
Gulf Shores

Friday, September 14

No More "Lellow"

Eli came home the other day, so excited to tell me what he had learned.  Since it is very rare for a sentence to begin around here..., " Guess what I learned today at school...", I was very attentive!

He paused for a minute to collect his thoughts and then said, "y.. y.. y.. Yellow"!  With a big grin!

I tried for a very small second to be excited, but I couldn't do it! 

"NO Eli, say it the way you always say it!"  I couldn't help myself.  I wanted the little boy before me to at least keep his adorable way of pronouncing the word yellow! 

I even encouraged him, "come on Eli, it's 'lellow'", I said as I grinned at him.  He just gave me that adorable dimpled grinned!  He had learned it and he knew I was teasing him. 

Now he sees it as a joke!  He thinks it's hilarious that I want him to say yellow the way he always has.  In his sweet innocent little boys voice! 

It is so hard sometimes to watch them grow up!  I just want to cling to the innocence as long as possible -and longer!

It has been nearly a week now since he reported his new discovering of the letter Y.  We still go back and forth when I hear him say it "correctly" as his teacher taught him!

I have a little bit of peace now though as I heard him get excited a couple of days ago about something he did in his "Biz Ed" class!  I love this little man, wish I could hold onto him forever!

No comments: